Is your calendar out of control?
Do you feel victim to the next phone call or email you receive, piling another load of work on your already over-scheduled day?
Are you afraid to commit to any sort of health program for fear of petering out when work gets too busy?
I’ve been there and I know how ridiculous it is to live that way! I went 5 months without making a single set-in-stone plan because I thought I was at the absolute mercy of my work schedule. No birthday parties, no concerts, no travel, no workouts, nothing! Everything was last minute. I thought that in order to keep my job, I had to live like this…
Back then I didn’t know how to make the most of my limited time. After years of trying and failing, I realized the biggest mistakes I was making. I finally learned how to lose weight and make those healthy habits fit into MY lifestyle!
Here are the 5 MAJOR Mistakes I was making (and ones that I’ve seen so many clients, friends, family members, and colleagues make). You may be surprised at how many you are making!
- Hitting snooze! For some of us mornings are hectic, but nothing like the busyness of midday when last minute requests, firedrills, and “whoa didn’t see that one coming” moments happen. Aim to get in that run or yoga DVD by 7am. The best part? Researchers suggest that women who work out in the morning stick with their programs more successfully than those that don’t!
- “I Don’t Have the Time.” The old adage that you need at least 60 minutes to work out is just that…old! Try the 20-minute rule for exercise and make every minute count! Pick an interval training routine and commit to just 20 minutes!
- Relying on friends! Friends are great, but when it comes to sticking to your workout and weight-loss goals, friends can be a hazard! Find someone who will hold you accountable to your goals, someone who you can’t just blow off with a quick e-mail and a sorry excuse! Try looking outside your circle for accountability.
- Taking it to go! So many women wolf down their meals in a hurry to keep up with their busy day. The problem is in the lag time it takes for our brain to realize we are full. Even though you might already be full, your mind hasn’t caught up yet and you end up overeating. Quick tip to help you slow down: try to chew each bite at least 20 times before swallowing.
- Thinking, “I’ve tried everything and nothing works!” 99 out of 100 times, the woman that says that actually means “I haven’t stayed on any one plan long enough for it to have an effect and I’ve sabotaged it with small, unaccounted-for negative habits and behaviors.” That may sting a little, but I say that with love 🙂 To be successful you need to find a plan that works for YOU (not your sister, not your friend, not your favorite celebrity)! Cultivate healthy habits (not restrictions)!
It’s aggravating to “have it together” in so many parts of your life except your weight! Making these mistakes can make you feel unsuccessful! And the truth is, carrying excess weight can weigh you down and prevent you from stepping up to the next level in your career, in your health and your life!
It’s time you started scheduling your life for success. If you know you are making any of these 5 MAJOR Mistakes, aim to fix it this week. Put in effort to align your actions with your intentions 🙂
Much Love + Support,
P.S. If you think you need some additional help getting started, then your schedule needs a makeover! It’s time to prioritize the things that make you successful. Click here to book a call and let me show you how to Schedule YOUR life for success!
Leave a Reply